A Note about Children.We do not intentionally gather Personal Data from visitors who are under the age of 13.
A Note to Users Outside of the United States.Your Personal Data may be processed in the country in which it was collected and in other countries, including the United States, where laws regarding processing of Personal Data may be less stringent than the laws in your country. We adhere to the United States / European Union Privacy Shield Arrangement, which can be located at https://www.privacyshield.gov/.
Types of Data We Collect. “Personal Data”means data that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data. “Anonymous Data” means data that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Data; Anonymous Data does not, by itself, permit the identification of individual persons. We collect Personal Data and Anonymous Data, as described below.
Information You Provide to Us.
- We may collect Personal Data from you, such as your first and last name, gender, e-mail and mailing addresses, professional title, company name, and password when you create an account.
- When you order Services on our Site, we (or our third party service provider) will collect all information necessary to complete the transaction, including your name, credit card information, billing information and shipping information.
- If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply.
- When you participate in one of our surveys, we may collect additional profile information
- We may also collect Personal Data, such as at other points in our Site that state that Personal Data is being collected.
Information Collected via Technology.
- To make our Site and Services more useful to you, our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) collect information from you, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), domain name, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit.
- We may collect, and we allow third parties to collect, information about how you use and interact with our Site and Services. For example, we use Google Analytics.
Information Collected from Third Parties.We collect the information about you and other individuals (including those in your End User Contact Data) from the following third party sources: (a) third parties who license, sell or otherwise provide data they have collected; or (b) information from publicly available sources, such as via the Internet and social networks, including through public or licensed APIs (“Public Data”). We do not collect data from webpages that have been designated (in a standards-based way) as private.
Use of Your Personal Data.
In general, Personal Data you submit to us is used either to respond to requests that you make, or to aid us in serving you better. We use your Personal Data in the following ways:
- facilitate the creation of and secure your account on our network;
- identify you as a user in our system;
- provide improved administration and quality of experience of our Site and Services;
- provide the Services you request;
- send you a welcome e-mail to verify ownership of the e-mail address provided when your account was created;
- send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories;
- respond to your inquiries related to employment opportunities or other requests; and
- send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our Services and for other marketing purposes of GroupHigh.
Creation of Anonymous Data.
We may create Anonymous Data records from Personal Data by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We use this Anonymous Data to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of our Services and improve Site navigation. GroupHigh reserves the right to use Anonymous Data for any purpose and disclose Anonymous Data to third parties in its sole discretion.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data.
- Third Party Service Providers.We may share your Personal Data with third party service providers to: provide you with the Services that we offer you through our Site; to conduct quality assurance testing; to facilitate creation of accounts; to provide technical support; and/or to provide other services to GroupHigh. These third party service providers are required not to use your Personal Data other than to provide the services requested by GroupHigh. GroupHigh requires its service providers to whom it discloses Personal Data and who are not subject to the laws based on the EU Data Protection Directive 95/46 or Swiss Federal Data Protection law to either (i) subscribe to the Privacy Shield principles or (ii) contractually agree to provide at least the same level of protection for Personal Data as is required by the relevant Privacy Shield principles.
- Your Choices Regarding Your Personal Data
- Access, Correction, and Deletion.GroupHigh allows individuals to access, modify, and set permissions with respect to End User Contact Data that it holds about them. For example, GroupHigh also provides certain features that allow you to publish and share some of your Personal Data but these features are totally optional and whether or not you use them is up to you. If you choose to connect your GroupHigh account with one of our development partners, you may be giving the partner access to your Personal Data, End User Contact Data or Completed Contact Data. We will tell you how the partner application will access your account and you can turn off access whenever you want. You may access and make choices about your End User Contact Data by choosing to “claim your profile” on the GroupHigh Site (at https://www.GroupHigh.com/privacy). If you request that we delete your End User Contact Data, we will not do so because, if we do, another user may later upload your contact information and we will not have a record that you requested that your contact information be deleted. Instead of deleting your contact information from your systems, we will retain it but flag it to not be used or shared with third parties.
Additional Choices For California Residents.
Your California Privacy Rights (As Provided by California Civil Code section 1798.83).California’s “Shine the Light” law, Civil Code section 1798.83, requires certain businesses that share customer personal information with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes to respond to requests from California customers asking about the businesses’ practices related to such information-sharing. Alternately, such businesses may have in place a policy not to disclose a customer’s personal information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes if the customer has exercised an option to opt-out of such information-sharing. We have such a policy in place. As described in Section 8(b) above, you can opt-out of our sharing of your personal information with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes by claiming your profile and selecting how your personal information is used. To find out more about your opt-out rights, please contact us at the address listed in Section 13 below. Please note that under California law businesses are only required to respond to a customer making such a request once during any calendar year.
GroupHigh will use Personal Data only in ways that are compatible with the purposes for which it was collected or subsequently authorized by you. GroupHigh will take reasonable steps to ensure that Personal Data is relevant to its intended use, accurate, complete, and current. GroupHigh depends on you to update and correct your Personal Data to the extent necessary for the purposes for which it was collected and subsequently authorized by you.
GroupHigh conducts periodic self-assessments to verify that the attestations and assertions it makes about its privacy practices are true and that such privacy practices have been implemented as presented. GroupHigh will take steps to remedy any problems arising out of failure to comply with the Privacy Shield principles.
Security of Your Personal Data.
GroupHigh is committed to protecting the security of your Personal Data. We use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. We also require you to enter a password to access your account information. Please do not disclose your account password to unauthorized people. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while GroupHigh uses reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Data, GroupHigh cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Apifia, Inc., D/B/A GroupHigh
200 State St. Marketplace Center North Building, 3rd Fl. Boston, MA USA