On Thursday, the folks at GroupHigh had the pleasure of hosting a webinar with Gini Dietrich of Spin Sucks who talked about using marketing metrics to turn content in to hard leads and sales.
Though the night before she had scored herself a concussion on a bike ride, she delivered an awesome and thought provoking presentation. Here are some key points and if you’re intrigued, follow the link to the recorded version of the webinar at the bottom of this post.
- Having a business blog is crucial to both B2B and B2C companies when it comes to lead generation. Gini talked about her own experience with the Spin Sucks blog and how much it grew their organic search and obviously their readership. She even admitted that some of the posts they put out in their earlier days were bad but they learned from them and the end result is the Spin Sucks blog that we all know and love.
- When it comes to keeping a business blog, the more articles and the more consistent one is, the better the results.
- Social media is crucial, but it’s more of a soft metric and branding avenue then lead generator.
- Have an organized system in place to track ROI. Gini’s chart was impressive and inspired us to become more organized!
- Are you using enough contextual calls to action? Gini highlighted the importance and gave some great real life examples of sites doing calls to action well. She emphasized the different types of content that can be used for this as well as the importance of measuring the click throughs of your calls to action and how to analyze to constantly improve your strategy.
- Gini gave her take on soft and hard metrics to track and why they are both important.
- A topic all and marketers and PR pros crave to learn, Gini addressed. HOW TO CALCULATE THE ROI ON A CAMPAIGN. (Listen to the webinar for her formula)
Intrigued? Want to learn more? Here is the link to the recorded version of the webinar. Stay tuned to the Spin Sucks blog to keep up with hot topics and with GroupHigh to stay up to date with outreach marketing.