Have you ever thought of getting recommended by some top market influencer? If you are a true marketer, you must be aware of influencer marketing. It is one of the latest marketing trends, which is adopted by a large number of firms these days.
So, what exactly it is?
Suppose you have published a well written, informative content on the internet. Millions of articles publishing every day on the internet. How will people trust your content? You need influencers to build that credibility in the online market. That’s how influencer marketing came into the picture.
A large number of people following the advice of the market influencers. More than 20% women buy the brand which influencer suggest. If you could connect with influencers, it will add a great value to your content. People will trust your services. You will get more business and revenue as compared to any other marketing technique.
Quick tips to connect the influencers:
- Goal: What you want to achieve with influencer marketing. Set clear goals before starting anything. What will be the metrics you will measure? How will you define the success?
- Be clear about what you want them to do for you! Before you start make sure you have a plan in hand. It’s about what are your expectation behind building the relationship with the influencers.
- Focus one at a time! To connect with the influencers, follow them on all the social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram. For example, I am in the marketing industry. Top marketing influencers I want to connect with are Neil Patel, Avinash Kaushik, Aaron Orendroff and more. I picked Neil Patel, I have started following him everywhere.
- Keep track of their social media activities on a regular basis! What kind of information they are posting, is it a picture or a blog post anything. Knowing them is the 1st step to touch their heart. To connect with Neil I have read Neil’s blog posts, webinars. To track the influencers tools are available like GroupHigh.
- Try to engage with their content! Share their posts, retweet their tweets, reply to their posts. Share your thoughts on what they post, what they write. Give your advice or suggestions. Comment on their posts, ask questions about those posts which you want to explore. Now you have to keep patience. They will not respond immediately, but you will get a response once you get noticed.
- Send informal texts! Wish them birthdays, anniversaries, holidays if you know when it is. Personalization bridges the communication gap.
- Don’t get frustrated, keep doing it! Trust me it worked for me. After following an influencer for more than a month, now I could have great conversation with them. It’s fun to talk with great minds.
- Once you get their response, try to keep open-ended discussions! Ask intelligent questions, which keeps them engaged with you. Share interesting stories which they can use in their posts or articles. It’s a 2-way approach so make sure, you are involved in every discussion and respond immediately.
- Now you are ready to bang! Ask them if they would like to share information about your business in their network. Or suggest some good options are to how they can help you in your business. Influencers are collaborating with brands these days and sharing their stories around. They also need stuff to engage the audience. They get the content from the people like us. So, there are chances to hit the right spot.
- 10. Keep watering the plant to get fruits in the future! Keep it warm, don’t get it cold! Always try to keep discussing the latest trends, industry growth etc. You have to keep them engaged with you in some manner.
Why influencer marketing?
“Conversions can increase 3-10x when brand share content through influencers in their industry, ” according to the new research. Influencer marketing adds value to your brand and helps you increase the revenue . Companies are spending 35% of their marketing budget on influencer marketing. According to the analysis of Google Trends and Google Keyword Planner – “Interest in influencer marketing has increased more than 90X from 2013 to till date.”
“On average, businesses generate $6.50 for every $1 invested in influencer marketing.” – According to the latest research reports.
Marketing steam is moving from paid media to influencer marketing. If you still haven’t started, then you are losing a huge market share. It’s time to add influencer marketing in your business strategy this year. The sooner you start the higher you grow.